Skip to main content

Holding Pattern

 
So, I have hesitated writing because this week has been a real test of faith. It is a test that does not seem to be over nor have I received the coveted A+. Yesterday it seemed the Lord reminded me the purpose of my blog and I felt the need to write even though my current test of faith is ongoing.
Lately, I (we) have been in a holding pattern in almost all aspects of day to day life. The ministry, physically in our home, financially, emotionally, and I could go on. A holding pattern is simply defined as: “The flight path maintained by an aircraft awaiting permission to land.” Have you ever felt that way in life? You are flying along and just when you think you may be achieving your goals or finding the Lord’s will you are put in a holding position. Think about the above definition and how it could relate to your own life, with the exception of awaiting permission to take off instead of land.
This week has been testy for me, I am not sure I will go through a list of things I am dealing with because I have NO desire to complain, it has just been one of those weeks, ya know? Some days I feel the Lord is going to thrust us out in the ministry, that we are right on the verge of something (what I have NO idea, but something) and then I am called in to a holding pattern. Isn’t it so hard to wait? Waiting on the Lord has always been a difficult challenge for me personally and yet we as Christians are often called to wait.
                Psalm 62:5
                “My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.”
 
It is when my expectation is OFF him that I find it the hardest to wait. Truly if we keep our EVERYTHING in Him, the holding pattern will not seem so long. I do not know what the Lord is doing in my life and the life of my family, but I do know that I can trust him with my heart, life and soul.
 
                Isaiah 40:31
                “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk; and not faint.”
 
 
Thanks for tagging along in my journey of faith.

Comments

  1. Will be praying for you and your family Dawn. I have been a stay at home mom for almost 10 years now and I can understand a little of what your going through. It's not always easy, but I know it's Gods will and I would not have it any other way. Financially, it can be tough, but God has always supplied every need. Keep on with what God has planned for you, and he promised that he will never leave you or forsake you. God is never caught unaware of our circumstance's and has a answer for our every need, but its always in his own time,not ours. Keep that beautiful smile on your face and give God all the glory, even when it does not seem like the thing or time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post..love you girly!!! Two verses that I have seen this week in Psalms that are somewhat identical are like what you wrote about. Psalm 40:1, "I waited patiently for the Lord and he inclined unto me and heard my cry." and none other than same chapter you were in Psalm 62:1, "Truly my soul waiteth upon God from him cometh my salvation." We are to patiently wait for God not fretting,,,yet like that is easy to do, huh?and the verse goes on to say that God is our rock and defence and we won't be moved. This so spoke to me this week..So we patiently not fretting wait the storm out whether it be a physical, financial, spiritual, or emotional storm.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Real

A week ago today, my youngest son made the most important decision of his young life. He gave his heart and life to Jesus! As a parent, there is no greater joy than to see your child come to Jesus. I know there are some who don’t believe as I do, but I implore you not to stop reading this post. Please just read my account and allow my words to sink into your heart. Friday we decided to go to a campmeeting in NC for its final night to hear an aged man of God preach. I am going to be honest here and confess that I was really tired and considered staying home (thank God I did not). We arrived at the campground and immediately saw our former pastor (where we call our home church), I was so excited as I had not seen him in a quite a while and it was a treat to see him and his dear wife. As it turns out the tent was quite full and we had to sit separate, Jason sat in front of me and the kids with our home pastor and his wife. Throughout the service I recall looking over at Chan

Husbands, Do You Flirt with your Wife?

I must write a disclaimer before I go too far in this post. This post is not my attempt at marriage advice, counseling or judgment. It is simply a glimpse into our life, which is what this blog is about, our Little Journey in Faith. We will celebrate 16 years of marriage this August and in that time have faced many challenges and obstacles, just as all marriages face. We have gone through a miscarriage, financial ruin, loss of jobs, moving, spiritual warfare, temptation, backsliding, child-rearing, surgeries, and in these days physical pain. Not to mention the personal battles that are not for others to read about. But, today, I want to remind all the husbands out there of the importance of flirting or wooing your wife. Husbands, do you remember those early days of dating when you would do anything to make your girl smile? The thrill of seeing her look at you with love in her eyes? Did you know that you can still experience that? You can still have the playful banter of those dati

Little Lessons in Faith

Last weekend, Jason and I had the privilege to go and work with a missionary who is beginning a church plant in the states. He has been a missionary for many years and has planted five churches in five countries throughout his ministry. I made a late decision in the week to travel with Jason so I really began the trip by scurrying around to make sure I had all I needed packed. We took Miss Addison with us and if you have a little one you know there are always a million things you can’t forget! As we start our journey very early Saturday morning I ask (for at least the fifth time) where we are to meet the missionary. My husband replies (for at the least the fifth time) “I don’t know honey, he said he would tell us when we get closer.” I smile and try not to stress, as I am planner and when a trip is involved I have it ALL planned weeks before! True to his word, about 30 minutes before our arrival we get a phone call with directions on where to meet. Now, we are heading his way and af