Skip to main content

What We've Been Reading

Now that school is back in session, I hope to be a bit more regular with my blogging. I've looked forward to school starting and now that it's here I find myself lamenting the free time that is no more. 

Here at our house, we read. Alot. So, in honor of reading and my lack of time now to read, here is what we've been reading this summer.


This was one of the only novels I read all summer, and it was actually Jason's book that I read after he finished. Great read.


If I had to pick a favorite read this summer, it would be this book. It touched me in so many ways, and truly changed me. I want to buy a hundred copies and give them to all my friends, it really is a great book!!


This author is above my reading level, ha, but this book was a good read and I was able to grasp his message. Ravi Zacharias is an author and apologist, he has a podcast called "Let My People Think" as well. 


This one is just a good, fun read for the Homeschooling Mom. Now, I wouldn't recommend it for the newbie Homeschool Mom, it might scare you to death! Ha, it was just what I needed before the new school year, one of those that makes you feel pretty good about your skills, you aren't the worst Homeschool Mom in the world after all!!


My oldest has been working on the Left Behind series this summer, I think he just finished book three. He does not love to read but also doesn't mind it, and by book three he was reading and losing track of time (which is just what you like as a Mom who wants her kiddos to love reading).


My youngest son has been working on The Imagination Station series and has finished two books this summer (I think). He does not love reading at all, and I have found the smaller chapter books are best for him. I don't want him to be discouraged and finishing a book is an accomplishment, no matter your age.


We have read many of the Trailblazer Books together as a family. This is one we finished a few weeks ago. Summer was so very busy for us, we didn't finish but one book together as a family but hopefully with the school year starting we will be home in the evenings and be able to read more together! We always read a bit of a biography or missionary story before we read the Bible together each evening, but when things are busy we opt just to read the Bible and skip the biography. I highly recommend this for families, it is a great way to unwind after a busy day and just reconnect (much better than a tv program).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Real

A week ago today, my youngest son made the most important decision of his young life. He gave his heart and life to Jesus! As a parent, there is no greater joy than to see your child come to Jesus. I know there are some who don’t believe as I do, but I implore you not to stop reading this post. Please just read my account and allow my words to sink into your heart. Friday we decided to go to a campmeeting in NC for its final night to hear an aged man of God preach. I am going to be honest here and confess that I was really tired and considered staying home (thank God I did not). We arrived at the campground and immediately saw our former pastor (where we call our home church), I was so excited as I had not seen him in a quite a while and it was a treat to see him and his dear wife. As it turns out the tent was quite full and we had to sit separate, Jason sat in front of me and the kids with our home pastor and his wife. Throughout the service I recall looking over at Chan

Husbands, Do You Flirt with your Wife?

I must write a disclaimer before I go too far in this post. This post is not my attempt at marriage advice, counseling or judgment. It is simply a glimpse into our life, which is what this blog is about, our Little Journey in Faith. We will celebrate 16 years of marriage this August and in that time have faced many challenges and obstacles, just as all marriages face. We have gone through a miscarriage, financial ruin, loss of jobs, moving, spiritual warfare, temptation, backsliding, child-rearing, surgeries, and in these days physical pain. Not to mention the personal battles that are not for others to read about. But, today, I want to remind all the husbands out there of the importance of flirting or wooing your wife. Husbands, do you remember those early days of dating when you would do anything to make your girl smile? The thrill of seeing her look at you with love in her eyes? Did you know that you can still experience that? You can still have the playful banter of those dati

Little Lessons in Faith

Last weekend, Jason and I had the privilege to go and work with a missionary who is beginning a church plant in the states. He has been a missionary for many years and has planted five churches in five countries throughout his ministry. I made a late decision in the week to travel with Jason so I really began the trip by scurrying around to make sure I had all I needed packed. We took Miss Addison with us and if you have a little one you know there are always a million things you can’t forget! As we start our journey very early Saturday morning I ask (for at least the fifth time) where we are to meet the missionary. My husband replies (for at the least the fifth time) “I don’t know honey, he said he would tell us when we get closer.” I smile and try not to stress, as I am planner and when a trip is involved I have it ALL planned weeks before! True to his word, about 30 minutes before our arrival we get a phone call with directions on where to meet. Now, we are heading his way and af