Skip to main content

New Year New Hope








The last two years are a bit of a blur, I have snippets of memories many of them painful. Since my last blog post two years ago, I have lost some things and gained some things. I have lost loved ones and friendships, I have lost trust and confidence in humans, and I have lost the fairy tale dreams of my youth. But for all that I have lost, I have gained much. So this year, 2018, I decided was going to be a GREAT year! 

At the beginning of each year I try to collect my thoughts and pray and see what the Lord may have me do or work on for the year. Last year, the phrase "Be Real" was so big in my heart. I tried very hard to "be real" and found that being real isn't all it's cracked up to be. Anyway, I digress. This year the word was simply "Hope." Oh how I needed that word. After a period of hope deferred my heart longed for hope fulfilled.

As a wife to a preacher when the Lord gave me the word "Hope" I thought for sure it was in relation to ministry. Me and my preacher husband have been married for nearly 19 years and have longed to serve the Lord full time in the ministry. So, with the word "Hope" on my lips and in my heart, I started 2018 knowing everything would change for us this year.

Little did I know, how I would cling to the word "Hope" and how it would have nothing to do with ministry. The picture above is a quote I read in AW Tozers "Pursuit of God", it was my first read of 2018. Immediately this quote spoke deep to me. I posted this quote on my Instagram account on January 11, just 8 short days before I began the journey of Chiari Malformation.

"For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease."
 Job 14:7

Comments

  1. Hello Mrs. Dawn Bond. I am so blessed by your blog post. You being Pastor's wife sharing about couple of by gone years and what you have lost and what you have gained and the year with a promise of hope yet the journey of yours began with Chiari Malformation. I am so encouraged by your post. I am also a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post and I am also blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your struggles and victories as a Pastor's wife. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young ad the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your church to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward t o hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centred rest of the year 2018. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have try to post this several times. Maybe now you will get this. Hope is a great word. Without our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ we would have no hope. I cant imagine going thru this wicked world of trials, etc without Him. His promise to us that he will never leave us or forsake us. Luv you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Real

A week ago today, my youngest son made the most important decision of his young life. He gave his heart and life to Jesus! As a parent, there is no greater joy than to see your child come to Jesus. I know there are some who don’t believe as I do, but I implore you not to stop reading this post. Please just read my account and allow my words to sink into your heart. Friday we decided to go to a campmeeting in NC for its final night to hear an aged man of God preach. I am going to be honest here and confess that I was really tired and considered staying home (thank God I did not). We arrived at the campground and immediately saw our former pastor (where we call our home church), I was so excited as I had not seen him in a quite a while and it was a treat to see him and his dear wife. As it turns out the tent was quite full and we had to sit separate, Jason sat in front of me and the kids with our home pastor and his wife. Throughout the service I recall looking over at Chan

Husbands, Do You Flirt with your Wife?

I must write a disclaimer before I go too far in this post. This post is not my attempt at marriage advice, counseling or judgment. It is simply a glimpse into our life, which is what this blog is about, our Little Journey in Faith. We will celebrate 16 years of marriage this August and in that time have faced many challenges and obstacles, just as all marriages face. We have gone through a miscarriage, financial ruin, loss of jobs, moving, spiritual warfare, temptation, backsliding, child-rearing, surgeries, and in these days physical pain. Not to mention the personal battles that are not for others to read about. But, today, I want to remind all the husbands out there of the importance of flirting or wooing your wife. Husbands, do you remember those early days of dating when you would do anything to make your girl smile? The thrill of seeing her look at you with love in her eyes? Did you know that you can still experience that? You can still have the playful banter of those dati

Little Lessons in Faith

Last weekend, Jason and I had the privilege to go and work with a missionary who is beginning a church plant in the states. He has been a missionary for many years and has planted five churches in five countries throughout his ministry. I made a late decision in the week to travel with Jason so I really began the trip by scurrying around to make sure I had all I needed packed. We took Miss Addison with us and if you have a little one you know there are always a million things you can’t forget! As we start our journey very early Saturday morning I ask (for at least the fifth time) where we are to meet the missionary. My husband replies (for at the least the fifth time) “I don’t know honey, he said he would tell us when we get closer.” I smile and try not to stress, as I am planner and when a trip is involved I have it ALL planned weeks before! True to his word, about 30 minutes before our arrival we get a phone call with directions on where to meet. Now, we are heading his way and af