Skip to main content

Fear is a Liar


Lately the nudge to write has grown but I have fought it because I'm not sure what to write. There are things rattling around internally I just don't know which ones to write about. This blog is an outlet for me in so many ways yet I let fear grip me and I stay silent. Fear is a real enemy. Fear can keep us from living, really living. 

A situation came up recently where someone I care about said something that hurt. I know it wasn't meant to hurt, but it hurt anyway. Fear kept me silent. Fear kept me from telling this person that their words hurt. Fear brought anxiety. Fear threatened to hurt a strong relationship. I would love to say I eventually confronted this person and told them my heart, but fear won and I have yet to speak the words.

Fear has kept me from fighting the insurance company so that I can get the decompression surgery I need. I am afraid of another surgery. Ach, there it is, the truth. I'd rather live in pain then go through another decompression. Fear is winning.

Fear keeps me from living free in Christ. I am afraid of what others will say or think. Fear has indeed kept me in bondage for far too long.  Fear wants me to delete the words, start over, write something else. But if I do that fear will win once again. When will I stand up to fear? Speak truth to it? The Bible is full of weapons to combat fear. Yet I leave the weapons untouched. 

As long as I refuse to fight, fear will continue to win in so many areas of my life. I am tired of living behind the mask of fear. Perhaps today will be the beginning of a war on fear, perhaps today I will let the truth of God's word penetrate deep in my heart. May today be the day fear begins losing!


"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

Joshua 1:9


"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment." 

I John 4:18


Comments

  1. Just keep praying for the Lord to give you strength, Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dawn, I pray everyday for you and that God will guide you in the decision on the surgery. Love dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Real

A week ago today, my youngest son made the most important decision of his young life. He gave his heart and life to Jesus! As a parent, there is no greater joy than to see your child come to Jesus. I know there are some who don’t believe as I do, but I implore you not to stop reading this post. Please just read my account and allow my words to sink into your heart. Friday we decided to go to a campmeeting in NC for its final night to hear an aged man of God preach. I am going to be honest here and confess that I was really tired and considered staying home (thank God I did not). We arrived at the campground and immediately saw our former pastor (where we call our home church), I was so excited as I had not seen him in a quite a while and it was a treat to see him and his dear wife. As it turns out the tent was quite full and we had to sit separate, Jason sat in front of me and the kids with our home pastor and his wife. Throughout the service I recall looking over at Chan

Husbands, Do You Flirt with your Wife?

I must write a disclaimer before I go too far in this post. This post is not my attempt at marriage advice, counseling or judgment. It is simply a glimpse into our life, which is what this blog is about, our Little Journey in Faith. We will celebrate 16 years of marriage this August and in that time have faced many challenges and obstacles, just as all marriages face. We have gone through a miscarriage, financial ruin, loss of jobs, moving, spiritual warfare, temptation, backsliding, child-rearing, surgeries, and in these days physical pain. Not to mention the personal battles that are not for others to read about. But, today, I want to remind all the husbands out there of the importance of flirting or wooing your wife. Husbands, do you remember those early days of dating when you would do anything to make your girl smile? The thrill of seeing her look at you with love in her eyes? Did you know that you can still experience that? You can still have the playful banter of those dati