Skip to main content

Keep Walking




I don’t know how many of you have kids who watch Veggie Tales but when my boys were younger they LOVED it. Anyway, there is this song on an episode that says “keep walking” it is referring to Joshua walking around the walls of Jericho (it’s a super cute song). That phrase has been on my mind for a week now; faith is a journey and you can’t continue on a journey without walking.

This week was my first full week at home with no outside obligations and I must say it has been a blessed week. We have baked bread, baked cookies, played with new friends, attempted to use the big girl potty, cleaned out kitchen cabinets, cleaned out bookshelves and focused on keeping on overall tidy house! Nothing earth shattering I know, but this week the Lord has been teaching me to “keep walking” even though I do not know where the journey is taking me.

Some of you may be taking one step at a time by faith, not really knowing where all the steps are leading. That is kind of where I am right now in my Spiritual journey. I am excited, nervous, anxious, fearful, humbled and terribly inept at the thought of God using me for His purpose. Be that as it may, I am going to “keep walking” as the Lord leads and try to enjoy each step of the journey.

Hebrews 11:1
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

Comments

  1. Oh, Dawn, how well do I know and understand! I've been where you are many times, the biggest and most frightening one being when I left my teaching job to go into full-time writing. I felt so twisted and turned around, never knowing up from down and front from back. But that's been many years now, and God has always been faithful. There have been ups and downs, and I've cried a lot of tears. But I've also smiled a lot of smiles and felt a lot of peace. But the best part of all is that I've grown so much closer to my Savior during the past few years. It's been so exciting to be able to spend more time with Him and learn more about Him. I pray you will experience this for yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Real

A week ago today, my youngest son made the most important decision of his young life. He gave his heart and life to Jesus! As a parent, there is no greater joy than to see your child come to Jesus. I know there are some who don’t believe as I do, but I implore you not to stop reading this post. Please just read my account and allow my words to sink into your heart. Friday we decided to go to a campmeeting in NC for its final night to hear an aged man of God preach. I am going to be honest here and confess that I was really tired and considered staying home (thank God I did not). We arrived at the campground and immediately saw our former pastor (where we call our home church), I was so excited as I had not seen him in a quite a while and it was a treat to see him and his dear wife. As it turns out the tent was quite full and we had to sit separate, Jason sat in front of me and the kids with our home pastor and his wife. Throughout the service I recall looking over at Chan

Husbands, Do You Flirt with your Wife?

I must write a disclaimer before I go too far in this post. This post is not my attempt at marriage advice, counseling or judgment. It is simply a glimpse into our life, which is what this blog is about, our Little Journey in Faith. We will celebrate 16 years of marriage this August and in that time have faced many challenges and obstacles, just as all marriages face. We have gone through a miscarriage, financial ruin, loss of jobs, moving, spiritual warfare, temptation, backsliding, child-rearing, surgeries, and in these days physical pain. Not to mention the personal battles that are not for others to read about. But, today, I want to remind all the husbands out there of the importance of flirting or wooing your wife. Husbands, do you remember those early days of dating when you would do anything to make your girl smile? The thrill of seeing her look at you with love in her eyes? Did you know that you can still experience that? You can still have the playful banter of those dati

Super Mom!

(I'm using an old pic today because I couldn't get a new one to upload~ugh computers)  As I sit and write this post I feel on the verge of screaming, crying and pulling out my hair.Yesterday was our first day back to school and our first day getting back on the potty training schedule. And everything went soooo smooth! The boys studied so hard and didn't complain even once. Addison went potty at least 5 times and actually seemed happy about it. I even baked homemade Pita Bread for lunch. Yesterday I felt like Super Mom!! Then I woke up today... It is early afternoon and my little one is napping and the boys are just finishing up school. And I just want to cry! Why? Well, let's just say today was not quite as smooth and I wasn't quite the Super Mom I felt like yesterday. School was a bit more stressful, more tests, more lessons in diagraming (so glad I'm not in 5th grade), more potty accidents, more papers lost, more messes made and so forth. Really, j